[AccessD] Suppress error message dialog

Ryan W wrwehler at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 09:08:30 CDT 2018

I've got some tricky users that were getting around some of my validation
process on a datasheet... I had set the combo boxes to limit to list on
objects that were 'active' in inventory.

They got around this by pasting in records from a previous piece of work..
which doesn't go trigger the combobox validation.

In this instance I decided to use an "INSTEAD OF INSERT" trigger on my SQL
Back end...

The problem now becomes they get an error message that I raise in the
trigger, but then they get a dialog box that says:

"Do you want to suppress further error messages telling you why records
can't be pasted".

The default option is "yes". here.  They need to answer "no" to see more
messages, but ideally I'd like to completely suppress this box from coming
up and have it spew every "paste error" at them.

Does anyone have any ideas how I might do that without changing the
validation code to the front end?