[AccessD] AddItem method taking a relatively long time to work - REPAINTING = FALSE solved it.

Bill Benson bensonforums at gmail.com
Sat Dec 15 03:12:22 CST 2018

MS Access 2013 on Win10 with 8MB RAM, nothing else open to speak of.

I just learned that on form load, my code to add 55 items to a listbox are
almost immediate. During normal form operation, to do so was taking up to
1/3 second or more per row at one point..

I turned off form.painting, at the beginning of the routine, then back on
at the end, and the difference was night and day. So instead of subjecting
you all to a terribly long email complaining about AddItem speed and asking
someone to read through several dozen lines of code I am just passing along
this Repainting = False tip to the rest of folks who might never have known
how handy it comes in.