[AccessD] The latest from "Microsoft 365 admin center"

John Bartow jbartow at winhaven.net
Mon Dec 24 15:28:20 CST 2018

We’re making some changes to default installation settings
MC171479
Stay Informed
Published On : December 22, 2018
Office ProPlus and Office 2019 will now be installed with 64-bit as the default setting. Previously, the default setting was 32-bit at installation. This change will begin rolling out in mid-January, 2019.
How does this affect me?

After this change takes place, the 64-bit version of Office will automatically be installed unless you explicitly select the 32-bit version before beginning the installation process.

If you install the 64-bit version, but wanted the 32-bit version instead, you must first uninstall the 64-bit version before installing the 32-bit version. The same is true if you installed the 32-bit version but want to install the 64-bit version.

This change will begin rolling out in mid-January, 2019.

Wow, I can see the “add-in crashing hell” already!
John B