[AccessD] Dirty Cancel Clear all controls

Fred Hooper fahooper at gmail.com
Fri Feb 16 11:30:14 CST 2018

Hi Dan,

The decorrupter has an implicit assumption that the MDB being
decorrupted is being run (in the decorrupter) by the same version as
created it; it obtains the Version from Application.Version -- which
refers to the EXE, not the MDB. In thinking about it, I believe that's
the only way you could create the decorrupter program; perhaps if the
versions are close it works properly, but the 10 years between Carolyn's
versions probably brought too many changes.

So decorrupter is identifying Carolyn's code as version 14 and
attempting to export/import a version 9 mdb.

Carolyn, I think you have two choices:

  * Convert your program to some other version and use that version to
    run the decorrupter.
      o 2002 (10) and 2003 (11) are most similar, but the original
        decorrupter didn't handle them. My modifications to do so are
        incomplete, although I'm taking another pass at them today.
      o Versions 12-15 are fully supported by the decorrupter.
          + If I were you (and 2010 permits) I'd convert the MDB to 2010
            (14) and then run the decorrupter. If the program runs
            properly afterwards you're set -- and can run it again if
            you need to.
          + If that doesn't work and you can't find an older Access
            version closer to home I'll convert it to 2002, run the
            decorrupter, and send it back to you.
  * Don't use the decorrupter.

Dan, in this second look for me, I noticed that I added new Version
logic code only in TransferOptions. I probably should add it in
TransferProperties too. This might be the explanation for the 4 failures
to export that I discuss in my Other Access Versions module. I dealt
with them by just importing them into the decorrupted MDB; the 200+
successes solved my problems. (You can find my changes by searching for
FAH in the modules.)

Best,
Fred