[AccessD] Visual Studio Community

Dan Waters df.waters at outlook.com
Fri Jun 29 08:14:15 CDT 2018

Hi Paul,

I've been using VS Community for several years and the licensing does have some restrictions:

>From VS Licensing document https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=13350

    INDIVIDUAL DEVELOPERS
    Any individual developer can use Visual Studio Community, to create their own free or paid apps.

    ORGANIZATIONS
    An unlimited number of users within an organization can use Visual Studio Community for the following scenarios:
    in a classroom learning environment, for academic research, or for contributing to open source projects.
    For all other usage scenarios: In non-enterprise organizations up to 5 users can use Visual Studio Community. In
    enterprise organizations (meaning those with >250 PCs or > $1M in annual revenue) no use is permitted for
    employees as well as contractors beyond the open source, academic research and classroom learning environment
    scenarios described above.

So it just depends on the circumstances of your company.

PS - as you might imagine there are more details but this is the heart of it.

Hope this helps!
Dan