[AccessD] Unlock/Unprotect VBA Project

Bill Benson bensonforums at gmail.com
Sun May 6 20:33:42 CDT 2018

You might want to look into making a project "Unviewable"
<https://www.spreadsheet1.com/unviewable-vba-project-app-for-excel.html> .
There are some (extremely few) limitations on this utility, but it is
pretty solid. The authors are very current on security matters, and very
willing to engage in discussions. While I could use a $13 piece of software
to export all of the vba modules out of a workbook, I did find a means of
hiding all connection strings, passwords, etc in a userform control's text
or tag properties. It is virtually impossible to force that userform into a
loaded state to read those crucial strings, from an external workbook,
unless I the author of the protected workbook was foolish enough to have a
public sub that loaded them, therefore it was virtually impossible to get
access to that protected information.

I can't recommend this product highly enough, and I don't think there is
any way to defeat it without a combination of sloppy programming and some
kind of tool that would be so sophisticated that probably whoever possessed
it would be very reluctant to make it commercially available.