[AccessD] Set value in a report textbox

Tina N Fields tinanfields at torchlake.com
Thu Nov 1 10:13:52 CDT 2018

Hi again, with thanks to both Rocky and Stuart,

Well, this one is fixed. My mistake was, as usual, not thinking forward
for my client. I had asked at the outset about the name to appear on the
top of this report. No, no, because we're trying to be thoughtful and
confidential about people and their needs, we want only the family name
to appear up there - we have the assigned family number so we can always
go look up the details. The query I built for the overall report I also
used as the source for the subreports - lots of info crammed into just
that one query. That was my error. Fixed the problems by making separate
queries, so just the "a" person is in the report query, and all the
persons are in the subreport queries. The report now has the full name
of the "a" person of the household at the top.

Thanks again to you both for helping me to wake up my brain.

Tina Norris Fields
231-322-2787
tinanfields-at-torchlake-dot-com