[AccessD] Access Chart Control - Valid data sources

Borge Hansen pcs.accessd at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 03:52:01 CDT 2018

Hi All,
I need a bit of advice as to what makes a valid data source for a Chart
Control.

Haven't worked with the chart control for many years ..
Now using Access 2016 I want to set up a simple line chart.
I have a query with two columns: EventYear,
NumberOfFamiliesWithChildren_percent.
I thought this would be easy to set up with EventYear as the X and the
other as Y with values between 0 and 100.
When I enter the query as the rowsource on the chart control - set up as a
simple line chart -  the wizard (or whatever) creates what is called a
transformed rowsource which is the entered query grouped on EventYear and
the other column expressed as either sum() or count() - or ... which is not
what I want ... I just want the chart control to use the rowsource I have
specified without doing any transformation on the rowsource.

I've googled and nothing so far has addressed my issue.

So, anyone who can give me a pointer to what am I missing here?
Why does the control appear to have to perform a transformation on the
entered rowsource doing a grouping, sum(), count() etc on the entered
rowsource columns?

/borge