[AccessD] Access Chart Control - Valid data sources

Borge Hansen pcs.accessd at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 09:27:24 CDT 2018

I found what the problem was.
So just for the record:

The article points out among other things when covering how the chart
control by default transforms the entered rowsource into an aggregated
query:
"By default, each selected field is aggregated. For numeric and currency
fields, the default aggregation is *Sum*. For all other fields, the default
aggregation is *Count*. To change the aggregation, click the down-arrow,
and select from the list, including *None* to remove the aggregation.

*Note*    Text fields must use the *Count* aggregation. All selected *Values
(Y axis) * fields must either be aggregated or nonaggregated."
The simple query I used as rowsource was based on a local table - in turn a
result of a 'make table' query based on an aggregate query.

Realising that the second column in the rowsource was text (Red Face) was
key to solving the problem.

I had selected to format the second column in the make table query as
format(x,'Percent") resulting in a column showing values as xx.xx% , a
string expression carried thru in the make table as a text column.... and
referring to the article ".... Text fields *must* use the *Count*
aggregation."

Removing the format(expression,"Percent") solved my problem...  Ooops!

/borge

PS : Does any one receive the emails I have sent today to AccessD ?
This is the fourth under the same heading.
I haven't so far gotten any copy back into my inbox....
Perhaps my emails don't go thru?
I receive all postings from everyone else - or so it appears
??