[AccessD] Access Chart Control - Access 2016 vs Access 365 subscription

Jim Dettman jimdettman at verizon.net
Fri Oct 26 06:47:58 CDT 2018

<<
OBVIOUSLY the "new charts" feature is not implemented in Office 2016
Professional Pro... at least not in the version of the client...

  That would be correct.

  All "new" features at this point are introduced only in O365.   The
perpetual releases will pick up new features that exist as of their RTM and
if I understand correctly, will get no new features after that in any
service packs.  For example, the new Linked table manager is found only in
O365, as it missed the cut-off for Office 2019, but charts is in Access
2019.

  With that said, it should not be causing Access 2016 to crash....it should
simply not work.  If you are crashing and can do a small sample DB that
shows this, I'm sure Microsoft would be very interested.

<< The link again is:
https://support.office.com/en-us/article/create-a-chart-on-a-form-or-report-
1a463106-65d0-4dbb-9d66-4ecb737ea7f7>>

  I'll pass this along.

  Bottom line though is that the new modern charting is only available in
2019 perpetual and O365.   All versions will support the old charting.

Jim.