[AccessD] Registry tweaks

Darryl Collins darryl at whittleconsulting.com.au
Sun Sep 2 21:38:18 CDT 2018

We have a reg hack that prevents windows from downloading updates automatically.  It just parks them until we agree to download them.  Very useful.

Another handy thing is to goto into the updates advanced settings and tweak the delivery optimisation options.  We only allow our units to send and receive updates from MS directly and/or our local network - not the entire internet.  This stops your PC from being a proxy torrent for updates to other pc's online.

We also limit the available bandwidth for updates to about 15% of total available.  This helps prevent updates from throttling the internet to the point of unusable (which used to happen a lot before you could apply these limits).

Cheers
Darryl.