[AccessD] SQLLite

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Tue Jan 8 17:59:52 CST 2019

I have been learning about SQLite but not in a commercial venue. I have been using SQLite, to edit the database from a Kodi lite version for Raspberry PIs called OSMC.

I have ripped all my CDs, DVDs, Music files, Video (VHS etc), audio books and family/vacation pictures and been using using SQLite, as that is evidently what the application uses. It is much quicker when modifying bulk data than through any other interface. Supposedly, SQLite can have a maximum database size of 140 terabytes which should be more enough for most people's would needs.

I use the following database browser and editor: https://sqlitebrowser.org/

(The beauty of this product is it runs on any platform and the price is right.)

I have no personal experience on how this DB works in a multi-user environment but have read the following:

"Yes SQLite can support multiple users at once. It does however lock the whole database when writing, so if you have lots of concurrent writes it is not the database you want (usually the time the database is locked is a few milliseconds - so for most uses this does not matter)....and it is very well tested and very stable (and widely used) so you can trust it."

Jim