[AccessD] Query Help

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Thu Nov 16 19:31:38 CST 2023

If you don't like to rely on forcing errors ( I don't), then a better solution would be:

Function OldFiles(DOS As String) As String
Dim tdf As TableDef
Dim fld As Field
Dim DosExists As Boolean
Dim sDOS, sOldFiles, sTemp As String
For Each tdf In CurrentDb.TableDefs
    DosExists = False
    For Each fld In tdf.Fields
        If fld.Name = "DOS" Then DosExists = True: Exit For
    Next
    If DosExists Then
        sDOS = Nz(DMax("DOS", tdf.Name), "") 'include where max DOS is null!
        If sDOS <= DOS Then
            sOldFiles = sOldFiles & tdf.Name & vbTab & sDOS & vbCrLf
        End If
    End If
Next
  OldFiles = sOldFiles