[Dba-office] Outlook synching

John R Bartow jbartow at winhaven.net
Sat Jan 30 15:27:04 CST 2016

While one could come up with a set of procedures which could do that, it is
not the way to do it with O365. Outlook would use an OST with Office 365
(which is an online version of MS Exchange Server). Every time you connect
to it the OST synchronizes. So there is no need for synching a .pst file.
Think of it as IMAP email on steroids. Instead of just synching the email it
also sync the contacts, calendar and other info for you. You could also use
the online web version of outlook via your O365 login and get the same
information.

About the only thing that would be different is add-ons. They would only be
on the PCs and would have to be installed locally on each. There are add-ons
for the web version but I doubt they're synchronizable (?) with the local
versions.

For what he seems to be doing moving his email to an O365 business account
would be a very good idea!