[Dba-office] Help figuring out the Best Approach To Take

David McAfee davidmcafee at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 15:10:06 CDT 2016

I'd put them all in one column.

I can send you a quick little Excel file I made, which may be easier to
understand by viewing it.

In Column A, starting with Cell A2, I entered 2/28/15 and auto filled dates
down to A749 (which is 3/16/2017).
In Column B, I randomly entered a "U" every so often, this would be your Us
& Cs
We'll Skip Column C for a bit.

For simplicity, I made the following:
Cell E2 = Now() (formatted as ShortDate)
Cell D2 = E2-365
In Cell C2 I entered the following Formula:
=IF(AND(A2>=$D$2,A2<=$E$2),TRUE, FALSE)
I dragged/filled that formula down to C749

Cell F1 = "US Days"
Cell F2 = =COUNTIFS(C2:C749,"=TRUE",B2:B749,"=U")

You can do the same in G1 & 2 for Canada.

It should be live, I can add or remove a U from any cell in Column B that
has a True in Column C and the number updates.

Hope this helps.
David McAfee