[Dba-office] UPDATE Outlook Series appointments don't persist in tasks

Susan Harkins ssharkins at gmail.com
Mon Jun 5 10:04:03 CDT 2017

When you create a recurring task by dragging a recurring appointment, you
must set the intervals manually -- Outlook doesn't create the recurrence for
you. I had expected you to, but it doesn't. Even if you do so, you'll only
see one task -- the current task. Outlook won't display subsequent tasks
until you complete the current one. I think it's an odd behavior, but that's
how it works.

Susan H.

I started to research it but lost the scent... I mean to try again this
weekend. I've also noticed that if I drag a series to another date, the
series doesn't update.

Susan H.

I would have expected it to transfer the occurrence but that doesn't happen
either.

This morning, I discovered something I wasn't expecting. I dragged a
recurring appointment to the Tasks window, expecting to see several tasks
pop up accordingly. However, Outlook created a task using only the single
dragged appointment.

Seems odd to me, so I'm off to do a bit of research. If you've encountered
this and found a fix, please let me know. Thanks!

Susan H.