[dba-SQLServer]SQL exporting to EXCEL

David Emerson davide at dalyn.co.nz
Mon Apr 7 20:21:45 CDT 2003

AXP ADP/SQL2K

I have a sproc that returns a recordset I want to export to excel.  When I
use the following code Excel wants to name the sheet the value of
strSprocName.  This causes problems because the call to the sproc is not a
valid sheet name (this is because of the second parameter - sprocs with
only 1 parameter work ok).  The spreadsheet creates ok but when I open it
in Excel and error appears saying that the sheet has been recovered and
renamed.  I would like to be able to create the sheet without the error.

strSprocName = "EXEC spBookingExport 0, '20'
DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputStoredProcedure, strSprocName, acFormatXLS,
C:\Temp\test.xls

Regards

David Emerson
DALYN Software Ltd