[dba-SQLServer]Access ADP Error

Myke Myers mmmtbig at bellsouth.net
Fri Apr 11 11:44:34 CDT 2003

I upsized an application from an Access FE / BE to an Access ADP FE /
Sql Server 2000 BE.

A memo field for Notes became a 'ntext' field in Sql Server.

A user is getting a message 'The text is too long to be edited' when she
clicks into the Notes field in several records -- records with a lot of
data stored in the Notes field. My understanding is that the Sql Server
'ntext' field is limited only by the storage of the server, so I'm
guessing that the problem is with the Access Adp FE.

Does an Access Adp textbox have a limit on the amount of data it can
hold?

All suggestions welcome.

TIA,
Myke