[dba-SQLServer]Access ADP Error

Wortz, Charles CWortz at tea.state.tx.us
Fri Apr 11 12:02:47 CDT 2003

Myke,

You may want to look at the user's memo fields and see if you can do
some normalization on them.

I had a user that was putting a lot of data into memo fields.  But once
I analyzed the data I saw that over 90% of them represented only about
twelve different values.  I added a new status field for those 12 values
and left the memo field for the others.  User liked the decimating of
the amount of typing required to fill out the form.

Charles Wortz
Software Development Division
Texas Education Agency
1701 N. Congress Ave