[dba-SQLServer]IP Connection to SQL

Djabarov, Robert Robert.Djabarov at usaa.com
Wed Apr 16 15:39:44 CDT 2003

I think Howard just beat me to it.

Robert Djabarov
Senior SQL Server DBA
USAA IT/DBMS
? (210) 913-3148 - phone
? (210) 753-3148 - pager

 -----Original Message-----
From: 	Arthur Fuller [mailto:artful at rogers.com]
Sent:	Wednesday, April 16, 2003 2:04 PM
To:	dba-sqlserver at databaseadvisors.com
Subject:	RE: [dba-SQLServer]IP Connection to SQL

What's involved in your scenario? Purchase of a third-party VPN? Is there
enough in win2k to do it? What's the performance hit for a VPN? In what way
is client 1's SQL server wide open? Without a uid+pswd you can't get in.

I sense that I'm missing something really basic here, but the only way to
learn is to ask stupiid questions :-)

A.