[dba-SQLServer]IP Connection to SQL

Francisco H Tapia my.lists at verizon.net
Wed Apr 16 16:56:12 CDT 2003

this is one area where you can disagree all you like but it is a common
practice by most Sql Server dba's (just check out sqlservercentral.com or
sswug.org).  Changing the port that Sql Server listens on (1433) to anything
else, helps avoid your most common attacks by "drive by hackers" if you
will.  Plus Arthur mentioned that this was for a customer of his, so it's
doubtful that a game port would be acceptable in that environment.

-Francisco
http://rcm.netfirms.com

On Wednesday, April 16, 2003 1:42 PM [GMT-8],