[dba-SQLServer] Why is it so?

Francisco H Tapia my.lists at verizon.net
Mon Apr 28 10:34:29 CDT 2003

Selina,
   You mentioned that the query took all of 4 seconds to run inside SQL, is
that Query Analyzer that you're talking about?  Also you said that using
linked tables in access it took 20-23 seconds to open, was the Union Query
made in Access when you were seeing this 20-23 time?  Finally you mentioned
that you linked to the view from Access and that was only 4 seconds...

If the above is true on your union query then that makes perfect sense
because Access will request all the data from all the tables in the query
and then join them and finally come up with the results...

by linking the view the work is done on the Sql Server and only the results
are passed to Access...

-Francisco
http://rcm.netfirms.com

On Friday, April 25, 2003 10:09 PM [GMT-8],