[dba-SQLServer]Running a Job

Billy Pang tuxedo_man at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 8 14:18:37 CDT 2003

SQL Profiler is a graphical tool that allows system administrators to
monitor events in an instance Microsoft SQL Server.  This includes whether
or not a sproc has been executed from job.  Of course, this assumes that you
already checked

To access Profiler, go to Start Menu, Programs, SQL Server, Profiler

>From Profiler, go to FILE, NEW, TRACE...

Connect to the SQL Server where the Job is executed.

Use the following template: SQLProfilerTSQL

Click RUN.

Go and execute your Job again and see if you notice any activity there.
There will be a lot of records to sift through but if your sproc ran, it
will show up here.  To reduce the number of the records displayed here, use
the FILTER tab from the previous screen.

A quick way of locating your sproc is to CTRL-F and search for the name of
your sproc in the "Data Column".

good luck.  let us know if you find anything.

Billy