[dba-SQLServer]Running a Job

Mark Boyd MarkBoyd at McBeeAssociates.com
Mon Aug 11 13:29:34 CDT 2003

John -

I went thru and noticed the "Run as User" field was not consistent
throughout all steps.

When I ran the job again, all steps ran for about a second each.

I then created a job that contained only 1 step, and it took the full 30
minutes to run.

After going back and forth for a while, it seems that when the sproc
contains code to execute a package, it pretty much skips it in the job.
The sproc that ran normally contained an action query, but the sproc
that didn't do anything contained xp_cmdshell code to run a DTS package.

Is there a special way to set up a job that runs DTS packages?

Mark