[dba-SQLServer]Zeros not showing up on a report

Susan Geller sgeller at cce.umn.edu
Mon Dec 8 08:47:49 CST 2003

ADP in Access XP (2002 format).  I have a report whose record source is
a sproc that does some summing.  All is well except that "0" does not
show up on the report. All other values show up.  I have similar
problems before and have always been able to solve them by explicitly
casting the fields in the sproc as decimals.  In the past I've seen this
more in that if I didn't cast as such, the report couldn't add values
like in a group footer.  When I run the sproc from the adp I see the
zeros.  It's only on the report that I don't see them.  I've tried using
the nz function on the report and that doesn't work.  And, I've tired
using an IIF to evaluate for zero and that doesn't work.  So, they
aren't coming through as zero or as null.  Ideas?

--Susan

Susan B. Geller
Office of Information Systems
College of Continuing Education