[dba-SQLServer]Torn page

Robin Lawrence rgilimited at btconnect.com
Wed Dec 17 08:46:07 CST 2003

John,
Further info at
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/prodt
echnol/sql/reskit/sql7res/part8/sqc10.asp

Q: What happens when SQL Server detects a torn page?

A: When a torn page is detected, a severe I/O error is raised. This
error closes the connection. The database is marked suspect only if the
torn page is detected during recovery.

Q: How can I recover from torn pages?

A: Restoring the database from a backup and rolling the transaction log
forward should correct the problem with no data loss.

HTH
Rgds
Robin Lawrence