[dba-SQLServer]Local Tables in an ADP

David Emerson davide at dalyn.co.nz
Wed Feb 12 14:35:16 CST 2003

I am working on an application which was upgraded from an A97 FE/BE to and
AXP ADP/SQL2K.

In the previous version we had some local tables in the FE that held
information specific to that FE (and there were several FE's).  For example
when a new client was entered then their account number was generated
partly from a number held in the local table.  Different FE's had different
number ranges for new accounts.

My understanding is that there are no local tables in an ADP.  What is the
way around storing information on each machine that is specific to that
machine?

Regards

David Emerson
DALYN Software Ltd