[dba-SQLServer]OLEDB Connection

Francisco H Tapia my.lists at verizon.net
Tue Feb 18 11:19:36 CST 2003

Julie,
    Even though Access ADP's are hooks as front ends to SQL Server.  The
views and sprocs (stored procedures) are still very much Sql Server.  Thus
the SQL Server knows nothing about [Froms]![forms]![frmmacolalabel]![swidth]
also you can't parametrize a view.  but you can build a stored procedure
that uses a view as one of it's based tables.

Thus the calculation you want to have happen can't the way you are doing it
here.  Refrences to forms or reports from the view or sproc will not
resolve.  you must pass them as paramters to sprocs via the input param in
the form or report.

-Francisco
http://rcm.netfirms.com