[dba-SQLServer]Re: MSDE and SQL Server WAS: (dba-SQL down?)

Arthur Fuller artful at rogers.com
Wed Feb 19 16:24:48 CST 2003

That's what I needed to know! Thanks. I have an available XP box that must
have MSDE installed, since it contains the .Net framework and Visio, both of
which (I think) install it. So I can start there and build everything I need
there.
On a somewhat related issue, what's the best way to go about setting
connections to distant servers?
a) set up a connection using an IP
b) set up a remote server in EM
c) some other way that hasn't occurred to me yet