[dba-SQLServer]MS loses SQL server patent licensing claim

Stuart Sanders stuart at pacific.net.hk
Mon Feb 24 08:00:24 CST 2003

Quite possibly you are correct, and I didn't read the fine print.  However
things like this stuck in my mind:

".every Microsoft customer, including ISVs, VARs, and corporate end users,
who wished to customize SQL Server by adding code or product to meet the
specific needs of users would have been required to purchase a license from
Timeline to do so. Given the basic design and intended purpose and use of
SQL Server . the potential economic benefit to Timeline would have been
staggering. .(That economic benefit would be) from the future sale of
licenses to essentially all of Microsoft's SQL Server customers."

Stuart