[dba-SQLServer]ACCESS 2000 Run Time and Office XP - Can't print

Arthur Fuller artful at rogers.com
Mon Feb 24 08:33:58 CST 2003

At home I have a very small (4 boxes) network using a LinkSys router. All
the boxes run Windows XP. SQL 2000 is installed on Box 1. MSDE is installed
on Box 2. Enterprise Manager is installed on Box 1, and I have registered
the MSDE server on Box 2. (Boxes 3 and 4 have no SQL components installed.)
Currently, it is set up using integrated security. Prior to the demise of
ETS, I set up their system as separate security (i.e. a Windows login + a
SQL login).
Much of the MS material I have seen suggests that integrated security is the
way to go. That's why I set up my home network that way. Wouldn't you know
it, though? My very next client wants the separate security model.
So, my questions:
1. What must I do to turn my home network back into the separate security
model?
2. How easy will it be for me to switch back and forth between security
models?
3. What exactly is a trusted server? How do you set one up?

TIA,