[dba-SQLServer]MCDBA

Steven W. Erbach serbach at new.rr.com
Wed Feb 26 07:45:19 CST 2003

Allan,

>> I have not looked but is it really a requirement that you take the
courses.? I doubt it <<

Upon closer examination it looks like one can get there by purchasing the
"Readiness Reviews" for each of the tests published by Microsoft Press.
Matter of fact, I just ordered the one for the 70-229 test from Readme.doc.

>> I do not think they are designed for people using big databases either.
I have no databases over 300 GB (But I do have 500 of them). <<

The "Audience Profile" for Exam 70-228 says:

Candidates for this exam operate in medium to very large computing
environments that use Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Edition.
Candidates have at least one year of experience administering SQL Server.
They also have at least one year of experience implementing relational
databases in environments that contain:
    * Heterogeneous databases.
    * SQL Server security integrated with Windows Authentication.
    * Client/server configurations of 50 to 5,000 or more users.
    * Web configurations that use Microsoft Internet Information Services
(IIS) or COM+.
    * Databases as large as two terabytes.
    * Multiple installations of SQL Server 2000.

It just looks like larger servers and databases are emphasized.

Regards,

Steve Erbach
Scientific Marketing
Neenah, WI

"Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits." - Mark Twain