[dba-SQLServer]MCDBA

Steven W. Erbach serbach at new.rr.com
Wed Feb 26 08:03:17 CST 2003

Charles,

>> Which type are you now at and which type are you looking at for a better
paying job? <<

I don't have the credentials for SQL Server--or anything else for that
matter. At present I'm gradually shutting down my software development
company as a full-time concern. The work has just dried up around here. So
I'm sending out resumes to get a real job. I'm happy to acquire any
certification that might help the cause, but I was concerned when it looked,
at first blush, as if getting an MCDBA required taking the courses. It
doesn't appear so now.

In any event, it looks like getting an MCDBA would be advantageous, but
getting a whole slew of different certifications could take up a lot of
time. I have a good "horseback" knowledge of SQL Server. Getting certified
will force me to look at it more systematically.

Regards,

Steve Erbach
Scientific Marketing
Neenah, WI

"Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits." - Mark Twain