[dba-SQLServer]Connection object fails in Package Wizard

Arthur Fuller artful at rogers.com
Thu Feb 27 08:00:15 CST 2003

Weird. The ADP file works fine. So does the ADE. But the Packaging Wizard
errors out as soon as I select the ADE file, saying "Error detected when
opening startup form (frmMainMenu). Error # -2137467259: Method "Connection"
of object 'CurrentProject' failed.

One oddity. When I browsed for the main app, all the dialog showed was ADP
files, not ADE. I changed the selector to All Files and selected the ADE.
Immediately I got the error above. Thinking that it might be a problem with
ADEs, I switched to the ADP and immediately got the same error!

What's strange is that I can run both the ADE and the ADP without problems.

Anybody got an idea about this? Has anyone successfully created a package
using either an ADP or ADE?