[dba-SQLServer]Changing Connection string server

David Emerson davide at dalyn.co.nz
Wed Jul 16 00:15:47 CDT 2003

Further to my other message - I have found a property called Prompt which
is supposed to do what I want - but I can't get it to.  I have tried -

      sConnectionString = "PROVIDER=SQLOLEDB.1;PROMPT=1" & _
           ";PERSIST SECURITY INFO=FALSE;" & _
           ";INITIAL CATALOG=" & sDatabaseName & ";DATA SOURCE=" & sServerName

and

      sConnectionString =
"PROVIDER=SQLOLEDB.1;PROMPT=adpromptAlways;PASSWORD=" & sPWD & _
           ";PERSIST SECURITY INFO=FALSE;USER ID=" & sUID & _
           ";INITIAL CATALOG=" & sDatabaseName & ";DATA SOURCE=" & sServerName

but neither work (nor variations).  Any pointers?

Regards

David Emerson
DALYN Software Ltd
25b Cunliffe St, Johnsonville