[dba-SQLServer]A2K-SQL Stored Procedures

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Tue Jul 29 19:22:48 CDT 2003

On 29 Jul 2003 at 16:59, Nicholson, Karen wrote:

> Is it possible to build a front-end in A2K to execute stored procedures in
> SQL version 7?

Yes, I do it all the time.

 I need to allow the user to enter in a parameter that is in
> the stored procedure, if it is possible to create a parameter in SQL that is
> determined by a combo box in Access.  ???? Thanks.

If sprocMyProcedure expects a single defined parameter, one way is to
use something like:

Function GetData()
Dim conMyConnection as New Connection
Dim rs as New Recordset

conMyConnection = ".......... etc
rs.open "sprocMyProcedure " & cboMyCombo, conMyConnection

Lexacorp Ltd
http://www.lexacorp.com.pg