[dba-SQLServer]Using DTS for Informix to SQL

Bridget Doran bdoran at cce.umn.edu
Thu Jun 26 12:14:12 CDT 2003

Hello all --
I am having a bugger of a driver issue when trying to get to an Informix
Database through DTS. Does anyone have experience with this?
Some Facts:
1) I am using the IBM Informix CSDK latest version which installs the
3.81 informix ODBC driver
2) I get a valid connection to the database when I set up a DSN in ODBC
Manager.
3) The DTS to Informix works on the server(Win2k) and on my desktop (XP)
but NOT on another developer's machine (XP).
While I can get a valid connection to the database on the problem
machine in the DSN setup, I cannot get the DTS to "read" this properly.
The error I get in setting up the DTS Connection is "unable to load the
translation DLL"
I have uninstalled and reinstalled the informix driver by uninstalling
the Informix CSDK.
Very freaky behavior because sometimes I can get the DTS to start
running and not error out with the DLL message but it runs on forever
and I eventually need to kill it.

Any thoughts on how to move forward here?  I was thinking I may need to
reimage the machine from scratch. Not sure what else to do.

Thanks much

Bridget

Bridget Doran  ~~~
Office of Information Systems