[dba-SQLServer]Calling a Sproc with Parameter

David Emerson davide at dalyn.co.nz
Tue Mar 4 18:01:26 CST 2003

I have a button on a form which is used to filter the records.  The code is -

Private Sub cmdCustomerFilter_Click()

     On Error GoTo Err_cmdCustomerFilter_Click

     If Me!cmdCustomerFilter.Caption = "Show Active" Then
         Me.RecordSource = "EXEC spfrmCustomers @AccStatus = 'Active'"  <-
Problem line
         Me!cmdCustomerFilter.Caption = "Show All"
     Else
         Me.RecordSource = "EXEC spfrmCustomers @AccStatus='%'"
         Me!cmdCustomerFilter.Caption = "Show Active"
     End If

End Sub

In the sproc the parameter is -

@AccStatus varchar(20) = '%'

When I click on the button I get error 2353 - Bad query parameter.  I can
run the query in Query analyser and it runs ok.

If I leave the @AccStatus = 'Active' off then a message appears telling me
that the procedure expects the parameter (so this tells me it is calling
the correct sproc)

I think the problem is in the call but can't put my finger on it.  Any help?

Regards

David Emerson
DALYN Software Ltd
25b Cunliffe St, Johnsonville