[dba-SQLServer]Creating views from an adp -- permissions

Susan Zeller szeller at cce.umn.edu
Wed Mar 12 10:21:52 CST 2003

Hmmm.... I'm confused by both Susan's and Francisco's comments.  The
application I'm building is a student tracking database.  The users are
constently needing to do different administrative things with students
like send out a letter to some subset of students about X or create a
list of students for Y.  They are good Access users and know how to to
write queries and create reports.  I don't want them to have to come to
me every time they need to send out a letter and I don't want to invest
a lot of time in developing a front end tool for this when they are
capable of doing it themselves.  I hear the concern about them writing
bad queries and bogging down the database and I hadn't thought of that.

--Susan