[dba-SQLServer]Northwind

Francisco H Tapia my.lists at verizon.net
Tue Mar 18 10:08:48 CST 2003

Thanks John,
  (I'll cc you directly in order to speed up response time).  While altho
server=localhost is not valid, server=VSdotNET will be, which IMHO is much
much better,... in an alpha version of some software that we are woring on
we went with the localhost and I had some code to auto-start the MSDE
instance of localhost, but was not for the life of me able to connect to it.
This happend because of the way that the install was deployed I know know as
the default installsheild version that MS put out was buggy especially in
WindowsNT... go figure.. In the next deployment we  are going to attempt a
wise scripted install to help us along... :D

-Francisco
http://rcm.netfirms.com

On Monday, March 17, 2003 1:35 PM [GMT-8],