[dba-SQLServer]Very odd problem

Arthur Fuller artful at rogers.com
Sun Mar 30 13:22:32 CST 2003

I have written a tool that assumes you do not have Enterprise Manager
aboard. I run the following command from said tool:

RESTORE DATABASE ETS_SQL_27Sep02
FROM DISK = 'E:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL
Server\MSSQL\BACKUP\ETS_SQL_27Sep02.bkp'
WITH MOVE 'ETS_SQL_dat' TO 'f:\mssql7\data\ETS_SQL_27Sep02.mdf',
MOVE  'ETS_SQL_log' TO 'f:\mssql7\data\ETS_SQL_27Sep02_log.ldf'

Substitute into this your variables of choice.

If I run this from Query Analyzer it works. If I run this from my ADP it
fails on a timeout error. I don't get it. The bak file in question is > 300
MB. So what? Why would it work from QA and not from Access ADP?

This is a crippler. Advice, suggestions, spare Euros gratefully accepted :-)