[dba-SQLServer]Re: Access to MySQL

Mark L. Breen subs1847 at solution-providers.ie
Wed Nov 12 04:39:09 CST 2003

Hello Robert,

I have never used MySQL, but I am gobsmacked,

Only last night I had a discussion with my brother about the benefits to a
developer if he could develop in MySQL also.  However, if it does not
support Ref Integrity and does not support Sproc's (at the moment, I saw the
note about Version 5), then I think that this is a db I would not consider,

also, if it currently has these limitations, I have to wonder what other
limitations it has,

I think that I am back to MSDE for the moment,

Is Firebird much better than MySQL, I have never heard of it?

Thanks for the info,

Mark