[dba-SQLServer]Linking to Local Table

Martin Reid mwp.reid at qub.ac.uk
Wed Oct 29 14:17:12 CST 2003

Why did u ask that (<: Now I have think up a good response. (<:

Using ADO you can save a recordest to XML which can then be persisted
between different sessions. The general idea is that we create the XML file
with the users data when they leave the application and then repopulate the
controls with the same data when they return.

Unlike using a text file  we can move the data as a binary stream (ADO 2.5
at least required) which reduces the over heads re constant disc access.

Thats the thoery anyway. I have a set of functions and classes whcih
demostrate this approach if you would like them.

Martin