[dba-SQLServer] Can't connect with ADO

Selina Iddon selina at easydatabases.com.au
Fri Sep 5 01:13:18 CDT 2003

Good Afternoon Everyone

After spending HOURS on this, I really need to ask for your help.  I have an
Access 2K front end and ODBC connection to my SQL db.  I am happily
communicating using ODBC and DAO, but ADO just keeps returning me "Data
source name not found and no default driver specified" every time I try and
connect.  I've tried 6 different connection strings and even made a UDL file
(which tests successfully) and still no luck.  All I'm really trying to do
is get back the @@IDENTITY from an Insert string, but I need ADO to use the
parameters.

Any suggestions or alternatives would be really greatfully received.

Best Regards

Selina