[dba-SQLServer]Is it just me?

Charlotte Foust cfoust at infostatsystems.com
Mon Sep 22 11:40:03 CDT 2003

John,

My SQL Server installs (even MSDE) got hosed when I went to a DSL modem.
I could open enterprise manager, but I couldn't get into the databases
and nothing worked.  I uninstalled and attempted to reinstall and gave
up for the time being.  I haven't had the stamina to try and reinstall
them since I moved to a DSL router instead.  Apparently the PPoE
required for the modem conflicted with SQL Server and I got some of the
same symptoms, including the botched installs and reinstalls, etc.
Could you be running into something like that?

Charlotte Foust