[dba-SQLServer]Restoring SQL Backups

Francisco H Tapia my.lists at verizon.net
Tue Sep 23 10:39:24 CDT 2003

Using EM

 From the Main Menu

1) TOOLS > RESTORE DATABASE

2) In the Restore as Database drop down type in the name of your
database then select the option "From Device"

3) Click the "Select Devices" button

4) Click the Add button

5) Click the "..." to go and look for the drive and path and finally the
backup file.

6, 7, 8) Click OK (x3), until you return to the Restore Database
"window" and click on the Options Tab

9) Click the "Force Restore over existing database (this is a just in
case reason).  and in the listbox you'll notice two columns Logical File
Name and Move to Physical File Name.

10) If the original drive is no longer available or you want to store
the data and log files somewhere else, then just click and "edit" the
locations of the files...

done :D