[dba-SQLServer] Re: Connection problems

Billy Pang tuxedo_man at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 11 15:41:24 CDT 2004

do you know if anyone remove any permissions for the security accounts you
are using to access the target database?

sometimes when I get the "cannot open default database", it could mean one
of two things:
* I no longer have access to the default database
* someone changed the default database to another database which I do not
have access to

if it is the first reason, then look for way to restore database access to
my security account

if it is the second reason, then change the default database of my security
account to what it was originally.

HTH

Billy