[dba-SQLServer] Changing the default Port Settings

Mark Rider mark at markkaren.com
Tue Aug 17 12:43:37 CDT 2004

I have a database that is getting hit with a lot of connection attempts,
according to the log files.  It is listening on 1433, which I assume is
where the login attempts are coming from.

I can change the Firewall to allow a different port for the server, and I
know how to change the port setting in the Network Configuration for the
server.  What do I need to do for the clients to connect to the database
server once the port is changed?  I tried changing a test database's port
and could not figure out how to get to it from a client.  I changed it back
and all was fine.

What am I missing?

TIA,

Mark Rider