[dba-SQLServer] IF THEN Logic - DTS or sp?:

Ron Moore rmoore at comtechpst.com
Tue Dec 7 09:54:06 CST 2004

I need to read a couple of flags from a semi-static table and then 0, 1, or
2 DTS packages accordingly.

What's the best method for reading these flags and determining which
package(s) to execute?  Can IF THEN logic be implemented reliably within a
DTS package (I have done so in the past with activeX script testing if an
external text file exists - but this would require reading the flag from a
SQL table)?  Or, can I successfully run a DTS package from a stored
procedure ('googling' show a few posts but lots of complaints and lack of
success)?

TIA, as always,

Ron Moore