[dba-SQLServer] query governor cost limit

Billy Pang tuxedo_man at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 17 15:06:52 CST 2004

Hello:

Has anyone ever had experience (good or bad) using the "query governor cost
limit" option within sql server 2000?

I've got a db dev server with two user databases where one user db has big
resource-intensive queries running that is affecting the execution of the
smaller queries in the other database.  I am thinking of using the "query
governor cost limit" to control this type of "bullying".  (And there is no
money to get another db dev server).

Also, if there is a better solution to this "bullying" problem, I would like
to know.

Many thanks in advance,
Billy